In your home approximately 3/4 of your water usage comes from the bathroom.Some simple changes in lifestyle and some checks to existing plumbing can help cut down on the amount of the water bill.
1. Check for leaky faucets. A small drip can cost up to 20 gallons a day. Over a months time this can really add up.
2. Don't use your toilet as a trash bin. Dropping a tissue into the toilet and flushing instead of putting in in a waste can will cost you 3-7 gallons a flush depending on your toilet.
3. Teach your kids to turn off the water after wetting the toothbrush.. all that water going down the drain is taking money out of the pocketbook.
4. Become aware of the cost of your shower. A short 4 minute shower uses 20-40 gallons of water depending on your system. Do the math on the length of your typical shower. Cutting back by just a minute or two can save many gallons over a months time. (just one minute saves 5-10 gallons x 30 days = 150-300 gallons per person)
5. When you upgrade your bathroom look for water saving products. With the variety and selection of products available you can make affordable choices that can pay for themselves over the course of their lifespan.
Thinking about upgrading.. Call D&D Plumbing Company in Crystal Lake to help you make some great choices. (779) 220-4254